Volunteer and Internship Opportunities
DAP has numerous volunteer and internship opportunities available every semester and summer term.
Board Member, Investment Council and Advisory Board Nominations
DAP is seeking nominations for its Board of Directors, *new* Social Investment Council, and Advisory Board. As a young nonprofit, DAP is seeking individuals with strengths in resource generation, networking, communications, marketing, and expertise in relevant issue-areas. Please contact Ben@disasteraccountability.org for more information.
The Many Ways To Support Our Work
• Create a Facebook Causes Birthday Wish.
Tips for successful Birthday Wishes include:
• Set your fundraising goal for over $300 and ask for at least $20 per wish or your age.
• Write a short meaningful message in the birthday wish itself - talk about why you support DAP and why your friends should, too. Make it personal.
• Send personal notes to your friends asking them to support you birthday wish.
• Remind all of your Facebook friends (at least a couple times) via email and use your Facebook wall... keep the Wish fresh.
• On their actual birthdays, update your status four-five times. You can set your Birthday Wish to do this automatically.
• Getting Married? Choose Disaster Accountability Project on JustGive.org or WeddingChannel.com as the receipient of a small percentage of the amount spent on your gifts. Many large retailers will donate 2 to 5% of the selling price of your registry gifts to a charity of your choice - at no additional cost to you or those buying your gifts. This is a free donation
• Runing in a race or marathon? Run for Disaster Accountability. Check out our DAP Team Page from the 2011 Marine Corps Historic Half Marathon.